Job ID 67869
American multinational engineering firm AECOM is hiring Copy of Ecology Graduate (22-23) UK & Ireland in Liverpool , to apply jobs, refer below job details to apply AECOM jobs Liverpool.
Post: Copy of Ecology Graduate (22-23) UK & Ireland
Working Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Job ID: J10072277
Department : Corporate
Business Group : Corporate
Job Details :
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Business Line: Environment
Locations: Opportunities also exist in the following locations Basingstoke, Belfast, , Cambridge, Cork, Croydon, Dublin, Edinburgh, Exeter, Leeds, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Plymouth (locations/requirements subject to change)
Opening & Closing Date: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible since CVs will be reviewed, and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis for either immediate or advanced offer starts up to Sept 23. These roles are a mixture of immediate and summer/autumn 2023 starts.
AECOM are seeking Graduate Ecologists.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career by gaining valuable work experience within an established and successful consultancy.
Ecology is part of AECOM’s Environment business (one of the leading environmental consultancies in the UK and Ireland) which delivers environmental management services for feasibility, impact analysis and operational compliance as well as remediation, restoration and re-use of impacted property.
More than160 professional ecologists support AECOM’s goal to deliver a better world through effective management of the biodiversity that underpins natural capital.
We work across terrestrial, freshwater and marine environments in a wide range of sectors: power; utilities; development; government; manufacturing; oil and gas; and transportation. Most of our work is based in the UK and Ireland, and there may also be opportunities overseas including Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Our ecologists work with architects, engineers, planners, economists and other environmental specialists on important projects. Together we provide the full range of ecological services including habitat and species surveys, impact assessment, advice on biodiversity mitigation, offsetting and enhancement, and management planning for biodiversity.
As an organisation AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
In this role you will be working within a multi-disciplinary team on field surveys including preliminary ecological appraisal, Phase 1 habitat surveys, other botanical surveys, ecological impact assessment and a range of protected species surveys.
From time to time, fieldwork is likely to require working away from home and some working at night when surveying.
In addition to field skills, good organization, research and planning skills are also required to support a team which works safely and to a high technical standard.
You’ll also need to be able to work with a range of taxonomic groups, and you’ll be encouraged to pursue your own interests.
As an Ecology Graduate with AECOM, you will be trained in technical skills, safety, project management and business systems. We’ll support you with a structured graduate development programme to help you realise your full potential as an ecologist on some of the most significant projects in the UK, Ireland and overseas.
We will also pair you with an experienced member of the team who’ll guide and mentor you through your initial period working on live projects.
Minimum Requirements :
• 2:1 degree and above (or equivalent) in Ecology or a subject with ecological component – Ecology, Environmental Biology, Zoology, Environmental Diagnosis and Management, Wildlife Conservation/Biodiversity, Conservation Biology and Resource Management, Species Identification and Surveying, Environmental Science/Consultancy, Environmental Management and Sustainability, Biological Science
• Keen interest and understanding of UK and/or Irish wildlife (where applicable)
• UK and or Irish plant and animal (indirect and direct field signs) identification
• Excellent field skills
• Previous exposure to protected species surveys
• Ability to record data efficiently and methodically
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong numeracy
• Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail. Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
• Self-motivation, enthusiasm, hard working, with ambition and drive
• Excellent research and report writing skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues, client and stakeholders as appropriate as well as independently without losing initiative & focus.
• Ability to work flexibly under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands.
• Commitment to continued education and improvement through our approved training schemes
• Willing and able to visit other locations on company business
• A full driving licence would be beneficial as the role will involve travel for site surveys with equipment and limited public transport access
• Previous experience in the ecology sector (eg, with an NGO as a volunteer or within a professional consultancy) would be beneficial, including work placements or relevant voluntary experience.
For UK Ecology Roles:
• Good knowledge of all UK environmental law and an understanding of the relevant planning systems
For IRE Ecology Roles:
• A good understanding of Irish wildlife and its regulatory systems is essential.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Protected species licence, such as bats, great crested newts, hazel dormouse etc
• Postgraduate qualification in relevant subject
• Proven experience of Phase 1 habitat, NVC and botanical surveys
• Membership of or working towards full membership of appropriate professional institution
• Evidence of published work in ecology field
Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have more than 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland from more than 40 different disciplines, each making a tangible difference to the environment in which we live and work.
We’ll provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution (we have graduates working towards more than 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland). We’ll push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and you will take regular training modules throughout the programme. There’ll be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
The Professional Institute you will work towards is the Chartered Institute for Ecologists and Environmental Managers (CIEEM).
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
To apply : Visit aecom.jobs/liverpool-gbr/copy-of-ecology-graduate-22-23-uk-ireland/7C5D74DF654443AF9F1CD53FE234FDF3/job/
About AECOM : AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. Join AECOM from Liverpool in department.
Note: Gulf Grip is job listing leading platform for a job seekers of worldwide, where you can find best suitable jobs for your level of interest in Liverpool. subscribe us on social media to have quick jobs update in Liverpool , If you find page error while apply AECOM Copy of Ecology Graduate (22-23) UK & Ireland jobs in Liverpool, you may still search job by job id – J10072277 on official career page of AECOM, submit application if you like similar jobs notification.
Architect in Denver Full-time Denver, Colorado United States Published 2 weeks ago
American multinational engineering firm AECOM is hiring Architect in Denver Colorado, to apply jobs, refer below job details to apply AECOM jobs Denver. Post: ...
Junior Water Conveyance Engineer in Winnipeg Full-time Winnipeg, Canada Published 2 weeks ago
American multinational engineering firm AECOM is hiring Junior Water Conveyance Engineer in Winnipeg , to apply jobs, refer below job details to apply AECOM jobs Winnipeg. <...
CAD / REVIT Designer – Mechanical,… Full-time Chelmsford, Massachusetts United States Published 2 weeks ago
American multinational engineering firm AECOM is hiring CAD / REVIT Designer – Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing in Chelmsford Massachusetts, to apply jobs, refer below job details to apply AECOM jobs Chelmsford.</...